This is a widgeted area which is called Home Top Left. It is using the Genesis - Featured Page widget to display what you see on the Enterprise child theme demo site. To get started, log into your WordPress dashboard, and then go to the Appearance > Widgets screen. There you can drag the Genesis - Featured Page widget into the Home Top widget area on the right hand side.
Today I turn the big 4-0! In honor of my big day, I’ve come up with a list of 40 pieces of advice and random wisdom that I’ve picked up over the past 40 years. One thing I know for sure, age doesn’t matter. We’re all young at heart!
1. Spend some time outside each day with your friends and family. Turn off the electronics, unplug, and just enjoy being together.
2. Happiness is not possible without gratitude. What are you thankful for?
3. Forgive and forget. Forgive those who deserve it. Forget those who do not.
4. Look for the good in people. It’s there.
5. You are not the sum of your past mistakes. But, you are the creator of your future successes.
6. Prayer works.
7. The work of children is play. They should do this often.
8. You have the power to change your circumstances.
9. If your children have something to say to you, give them your undivided attention. If they find that you are often unvailable, they will find someone else to talk to.
10. You are what you eat. Eat clean and you will feel healthier, look better, and have more energy.
11. Ask someone in their 80’s or 90’s about their childhood. You may be surprised at how much they remember. You can learn a lot from their experiences. As an added benefit, you will totally make their day.
12. Try at least 5 new things each year. It’s good to expand your horizons.
13. Teach your children the joys of reading.
14. Sushi is an acquired taste. Then it becomes an obsession.
15. Perform random acts of kindness. The rewards will be amazing.
16. Try to break from your routine each day. Drive a different route to work. Eat something different for breakfast. Start your day with a run.
17. Nothing compares to the love of a child.
18. Sometimes you have to dance in the rain.
19. Do something for someone much less fortunate than yourself. It will help you to appreciate all that you are blessed with.
20. You will never be told old to need a hug from Mom.
21. Do what you are passionate about. You will truly enjoy life more.
22. Get up and watch the sunrise several times a year.
23. When your children are being the most difficult, this is when they need you most. This is especially true when they are teenagers. Be there for them, unconditionally.
24. Live in the here and now. Don’t live your life waiting for the next thing to happen. Life is happening NOW!
25. If you’ve ever wanted to live somewhere else, just do it! You will not regret it, and you can always move back.
26. Your home should be your children’s safe place.
27. Don’t take life too seriously. Laugh a little, no laugh a lot, each day.
28. You cannot control what other people do, think, or say. You can only control how you react.
29. Eliminate negative people from your life. Life is too short.
30. Do not judge people too harshly. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
31. Set daily goals, short-term goals, and long-term goals. They serve as a compass for your life’s journey.
32. Slow down…smell the roses, watch a sunrise, listen to a child laughing, read a book, enjoy your morning coffee, and appreciate all that life has to offer.
33. One day you’ll look back and realize that these were the good old days. Make them count!
34. The one thing your child wants more than anything else in the world is your time.
35. Life is good.
36. Tell your children some stories about your childhood. They will find them fascinating.
37. Step a little bit outside of your comfort zone. It is where you will thrive.
38. Empower your children by focusing on their strengths. We tend to succeed when we embrace our passions.
39. God is good.
40. Life is an incredible journey, so enjoy the ride. You are worth it!
Christy is a freelance graphic designer, full-time mommy, positive thinker and part-time blogger.
Today I turn the big 4-0! In honor of my big day, I've come up with a list of 40 pieces of advice and random wisdom that I've picked up over the past Continue reading→
Sometimes life gets so busy that we neglect to tell our children things they really need to hear. Yes, you know your kids are great, but do they know Continue Reading→
Via By Kevin Dolak | ABC News Blogs – 18 hours ago A newborn baby girl left abandoned on the side of the road in southern Afghanistan has Read full article...→
Slider by webdesign