Grilled Salmon With Fruit Chutney
3–5 fresh mint leaves (optional), coarsely chopped
5 peaches or nectarines (peeled, if preferred)
4 salmon fillets, skin removed (1 1/2 lb)
1 (6-oz) can pineapple juice
1/4 cup fresh pre-diced red onions
1 (9-oz) jar mango chutney
pinch cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 teaspoon minced garlic, divided
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, dividedPrep
- Preheat grill. Chop mint; set aside.
- Cut peaches into bite-size chunks; place in large sauté pan.
- Always check fish carefully and remove any bones.
- Remove any darker sections (wash hands).
- Stir pineapple juice, onions, chutney, and cayenne pepper into peaches. Bring to a boil on high, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium-high when boiling; cook and stir 8–10 minutes or until liquid reduces by about one-half. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle fish with seasoned salt and one half of the garlic; drizzle with half of the olive oil. Spread garlic and olive oil, using finger tips, over fish; repeat on other side of fish (wash hands).
- Place fish on grill and close lid (or cover loosely with foil); grill 3–4 minutes on each side or until 145°F and fish flakes easily.
- Stir mint into peach chutney. Serve fish with chutney.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 620kcal; FAT 23g; CHOL 95mg; SODIUM 1050mg; CARB 65g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 35g; VIT A 10%; VIT C 45%; CALC 4%; IRON 4%
Spinach Mashed Potatoes
1 bag fresh baby spinach leaves (4–6 oz), coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon garlic butter
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 (24-oz) package refrigerated mashed potatoes
- Chop spinach; place in microwave-safe bowl. Add butter and seasoned salt, then cover; microwave on HIGH 2 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes and cover; microwave 4 more minutes or until hot. Stir and serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 240kcal; FAT 15g; CHOL 30mg; SODIUM 860mg; CARB 22g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 3g; VIT A 70%; VIT C 4%; CALC 8%; IRON 8%