- 8 oz soba noodles (aka buckwheat noodles)
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp arrowroot powder
- 2 tsp low-sodium tamari
- 1 tsp Asian sesame oil
- 1 tbsp safflower oil
- 1 large clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1 small yellow onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 4 oz shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and halved
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 4 oz baby spinach
- 1/2 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain well and return to pot. Cover and set aside away from heat.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk broth, arrowroot, tamari and sesame oil. Set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat safflower oil on medium-high. Add garlic, ginger and onion and stir-fry, stirring constantly, until fragrant but not brown, about 1 minute. Add bell peppers and mushrooms and stir-fry until tender-crisp, about 2 minutes. Add scallops and stir-fry until just opaque, about 2 more minutes. Add broth mixture, spinach and edamame and stir-fry until sauce thickens and spinach wilts, about 2 minutes. Add noodles and stir to combine. Serve immediately.
Nutrients per serving (2 oz soba, 4 oz scallops, 1 cup pepper-edamame mixture): Calories: 500, Total Fat: 8 g, Sat. Fat: 1 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g, Carbs: 80 g, Fiber: 10 g, Sugars: 6 g, Protein: 32 g, Sodium: 373 g, Cholesterol: 37 mg