For the Pizza Crust:
- 1 can (15 ounces) no salt added white beans (garbanzo, white kidney or cannelloni beans work great – I used garbanzo beans)
- 1/4 cup Garlic Gold Oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup non dairy milk (I used oat milk)
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar
- 4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp chia seeds, ground
- 2 tbsp potato starch
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
For Sweet Potato Pizza Sauce:
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato (about 1 sweet potato)
- 2 tbsp Garlic Gold Oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Gold Nuggets
- 2 heaping tbsp Homemade Breadcrumbs
For the Pizza Crust:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare a large pizza pan with parchment paper or spray with olive oil.
- Add the beans to a food processor and process until you have a chunky mixture. Add the remaining ingredients and process until the mixture comes together in a ball. Be careful NOT to over process!
- Remove the dough from the processor and form into a large ball. Wrap the dough ball in saran wrap and place in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- Once the dough has been chilled, unwrap and, using your hands, spread the dough out onto your pizza sheet. Your crust should be about 1/4 inch thick.
- Place the pizza sheet in the oven for 30-35 minutes, until the crust is lightly browned on the edges and bottom.
- Remove from the oven and top with desired sauce and toppings (I topped mine with Sweet Potato Sauce, kale and red onions), then return to the oven for another 25-30 minutes, or until heated throughout and the toppings are cooked.
- Cut and enjoy!
For the Sweet Potato Pizza Sauce:
- In a medium bowl add all the ingredients and mix together. You should have a thick paste like consistency. If you want a thinner sauce add in a few more tbsp of oil.
- Spread on your pizza crust and top with your favorite toppings.
Makes a large, 6 slice pizza.
Serving size 1 slice of pizza crust (sauce and toppings not included).
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 276, Cal. from Fat: 105, Total Fat: 12g, Sat. Fat: 1g, Carbs: 32.5g, Fiber: 7.5g, Sugars: 10.5g, Protein: 7g, Sodium: 45.5mg, Chol: 0mg
This pizza crust does store well in the freezer so making a double or triple batch is recommended. Simply wrap the baked pizza in saran wrap and store in a freezer safe ziplock bag. I cut the pizza into 4 slices and store the individual slices in the freezer until I’m ready to use them.