- 1 banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups milk ( I used 1%)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups steel cut oats ( I used Trader Joe’s Brand)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 -1 teaspoon Sweetleaf Stevia Powder or use 1/2 -1 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together, oats, chia seeds, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, stevia.
- In another bowl mix together banana, applesauce, egg, vanilla, and milk. If you are using honey instead of stevia, add it to the wet ingredients now.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix to combine.
- Spray cupcake liners with cooking spray.
- Place 1 tablespoon of batter into liners, add desired filling ingredients, pour more batter, top with desired toppings.
- Bake for 30 minutes until a toothpick in center comes out clean.
My filling/topping ingredients:
- blueberries/shredded unsweetened coconut
- raspberry/chocolate chip
- dried unsweetened cherries/granola
- sunflower seeds
- all natural peanut butter,no sugar added/ unsweetened, all-natural jam